We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information, which we call “personal data”. This privacy notice will tell you how we look after your personal data and about your privacy rights. It supplements any other notices and is not intended to override them.
We have tried to be brief and clear. We are happy to provide any additional information or explanation.
WHO WE ARE
The name of our brand/company, and the Data Controller, is Artistic Stylist, the business is freelance functioning out on location and as such does not have a fixed business premises. The Data Protection Champion (“DPC”) is responsible for ensuring compliance with policy. That post is held by Ria Yvonne Lingwood, who may be contacted by firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (www.ico.org.uk). We would appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns first.
WHAT DATA IS COLLECTED
We will typically collect the following information from customers and prospective customers:
- Name and title
- Contact information including telephone contact details and email address
- Client record notes where applicable.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to the services being provided.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
There are many ways that we may obtain your personal data, for example:
- Face to face.
- Website contact form, or email enquiry.
- Social media enquiry.
- Client recommendations.
- Website cookies.
- Third party websites such as industry directories where you have enquired.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
- In order to provide quotations to prospective and existing clients.
- In order to carry out services, i.e. location and contact information.
- Managing bookings, keeping clients up to date if changes need to be made to their appointments.
- To keep up to date records of clients and services provided to them.
- Managing payments, fees, debt and charges.
- Appointment books will be later reviewed in order to compile end of year tax returns.
- Keeping former and existing clients up to date with business changes that affect them.
- Where necessary to comply with any relevant legal obligations.
- Liability disclaimer forms where applicable.
- To make recommendations to existing and past customers about services that may be of interest.
- Asking existing and past customers to partake in a review, or use their images for advertising.
- To use data analytics to improve our website, and services, marketing, relationships and experiences.
No mail shots, or cold calling in the purpose of marketing are used by Artistic Stylist.
Cookies are used through this sites third party secured apps such as Google Analytics..
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
However, if we need to use your personal data for a new purpose and the law allows us to do so, we will notify you and explain the legal basis for our actions.
VISITORS TO OUR WEBSITE
If we want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this.
When someone visits our website, we may use a third-party service to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
If you do not provide personal data to us and this would prevent us from performing the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you, or place us in breach of the law, we may have to cancel our contract. We will notify you if this is the case.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your date generally will go no further than the business owner of Artistic Stylist Ria Yvonne Lingwood. However there are some rare circumstances where it may be required to share some of your personal data in order to successfully carry out business. All circumstances complying with law. Examples are:
• Sub-contractors undertaking work on our behalf if required.
• Service providers for IT and system administration if so required to carry out our services.
• Our professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers.
• HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities.
We do not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
HOW LONG WILL WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
You can ask us about the retention periods for different aspects of your personal data by contacting our DPC.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
MANAGE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information Artistic Stylist has about you, you are invited to contact Ria Yvonne Lingwood via mail@ArtisticStylist.co.uk